Hi, hey, hello!
Hyaluronic acid is a natural constituent of the human body. Sadly, its levels decrease as we are getting older. Knowing this, we have to do our best to make face skin look pretty despite the flying time. How to do this? All you have to do is turn to beauty products containing hyaluronic acid. Let me invite you to read my today’s post. I hope that you will find here everything you want to know about hyaluronic acid.
Hyaluronic acid: How to apply? What are its types?
The beauty products, which are currently available on the market, contain polymolecular hyaluronic acid that is known for being the cheapest and the least effective of all. The good news is that you can buy the acid separately in the form of hyaluronic gel. But let’s start from the very beginning. Hyaluronic acid doesn’t have any skin exfoliating properties therefore you don’t have to follow with any sunscreens.
We can distinguish the following types of hyaluronic acid:
- High molecular weight – it creates a coat on skin that prevents water from evaporating, it doesn’t penetrate deep skin layers so its effects are pretty superficial. Additionally, this type of hyaluronic acid fosters wound healing and helps other active substances and nutrients absorb into skin.
- Middle molecular weight – is able to penetrate upper skin layers and replenish them with water.
- Low and nano molecular weight – easily penetrates skin layers to reach the lowest ones and provides long-lasting hydration. What’s interesting, daily face cleansing isn’t able to remove it from face.
- Third Generation Hyaluronic Acid – alike the above-mentioned, this type of hyaluronic acid has no problems with reaching lowest skin layers, improves hydration and makes skin more supple, fills in wrinkles and delays ageing processes.
What are the benefits of using hyaluronic acid?
Depending on the hyaluronic acid you use, you can expect to achieve different effects. You can enjoy some of the following results:
- it bonds water inside skin
- hydrates skin from the inside
- improves skin firmness and smooths it out
- reduces wrinkles
- improves skin self-healing processes
- protects skin
What type of hyaluronic acid to choose?
If it matters for you, you will be choosing between animal-derived or synthesized (due to biotechnology) hyaluronic acid. You won’t find plant-derived hyaluronic acid anywhere because there is no such substance existing. Of high importance is also the concentration of this acid – commonly 1% up to 5%. Still, the blends of various types of hyaluronic acids are considered as the most effective.
How to use hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid can be used in many ways:
- a face cream, face serum, hand cream additive
- a hair serum and natural oil booster
- a constituent of homemade beauty products
- a scalp conditioner
- makeup base
- regenerating and moisturizing gel
Hyaluronic acid: Who should use it?
Hyaluronic acid is well-tolerated by all skin types. As mentioned above, this is a substance that occurs naturally in the human body, it doesn’t cause allergic reactions or irritations, it isn’t comedogenic. Therefore, no matter if your skin is dry, oily, combination, sensitive or couperose – you can enjoy the benefits of using hyaluronic acid.